Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A New Take on the Prodigal Son

This is a review post for which I have received compensation.
Thoughts and opinions are 100% mine. 

I am not much of a movie watcher.  I just don't find myself having a lot of time to sit down for 90 minutes with nothing else to do.  But I was recently asked to take part in a preview of  the new movie, Confessions of a Prodigal Son, and found myself grateful for the time I spent watching it and reflecting.  

Touted as a "modern twist" on the classic Bible story about the prodigal son, who leaves home with all his inherited riches and then returns having lost it all, you can assume that it's going to be a religious movie and probably the caliber of most religious movies.  There is no denying it, a religious string runs throughout the entire movie.  But, the story the movie tells is so much more than just a sermon in movie form.  The trailer will give you a great idea of what I'm trying to explain...


If you're my age or younger, you'll understand this reference-the story is relevant to the social pressures and choices college kids are making in 2015 and reminded me a lot of the writing style from Degrassi Jr. High.  

However, please don't write off watching the movie just because the characters are in college.  The story of the prodigal son is about making choices and living with those choices, and learning to work with other people's choices.  The theme affects every single one of us and the message in "Confessions of a Prodigal Son" will strike a chord in any person who has ever had to make and live with tough decisions.  

"Confessions of a Prodigal Son" is in select theatres starting today, March 24.  Find out where you can see it near you.  Or buy a copy of the DVD to watch at home with your family.  

For more information, visit www.confessionsofaprodigalson.com.  

0 comments: